Ryegrass Fall and Winter Seed
Smith Farm Supply now has Marshall, Passerel, and Gulf Ryegrass in stock. The overall supply is low but we have plenty in stock. Don’t wait! Book or pick up your Ryegrass Fall and Winter Seed today.
Ryegrass Fall and Winter Seed In-Stock
Marshall – This type is very popular because of its extremely cold-weather tolerance, making Marshall the coldest weather tolerant annual ryegrass on the market. Unable to handle colder temperatures, Gulf ryegrass is highly spread in northern pastures. Cattle owners are seeing a big difference in steer weight gains with Marshall over Gulf. Also, Marshall has many uses such as cover crop, hay production, or forage. It germinates quickly which is great for weed management and protecting the soil.
Passerel – Passerel is best if planted in the fall for winter grazing for livestock. It germinates quickly within 7-10 days. You need to plant this in early September to mid-October for best results. Also, it’s great for overseeding warm-season grass for winter forage. Passerel is popular with Eastern Texas and Oklahoma, and across the South to the Atlantic coast. Moreover, tests have proven that Passerel outperforms other varieties.
Also, Marshall and Passerell produce more forage and has a wider leaf blade.
Annual & Gulf Annual Ryegrass Facts
- Maybe sown under unfavorable wet or dry conditions
- Normally germinates in a matter of 7-10 days
- If sown under dry conditions, normally germinates after the first solid rain
- Always in excellent supply and competitively priced
- Vigorous fall and spring growth
- Left uncut Annual grows to a height of 2-4 feet
- Annual will get rid of nematodes – eliminating the need for chemicals
Facts and Information from Ryegrass.com and Hancockseed.com.